Welcome to ESOL Study!

Using English is the best way to improve your English! Please sing with the songs and write comments.

Please suggest songs and topics you like.

If you are using a phone, you need to scroll down and press "view web version" to find links to the vocabulary and grammar exercises.

If your phone translates this blog, please set your phone to use English. The instructions are here.

Click on the picture of the book to find the link to class vocabulary!

If you want me to explain any English topic to you on here, please comment or text to tell me.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Too Much to Ask



In this song, the singer sounds like he is genuinely asking.  He doesn't sound angry or sarcastic.  I usually hear "Is that too much to ask?" when someone is really angry that I didn't do the tiny thing she requested after she did a LOT for me.  (Although, honestly, expecting your ex to tell you her regrets IS probably asking too much!)




Grammar Quiz:  too vs. enough (use far before too to intensify it)

What do you have too much of?

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed too much the class today. You are so funny. Thank you about that.
    Today was a long day in my job, because we had the monthly meeting with all Staff in my School.
    Sadith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mrs laurie how are you everyone in your family is fine l hope that for you and l hope see you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete