Welcome to ESOL Study!

Using English is the best way to improve your English! Please sing with the songs and write comments.

Please suggest songs and topics you like.

If you are using a phone, you need to scroll down and press "view web version" to find links to the vocabulary and grammar exercises.

If your phone translates this blog, please set your phone to use English. The instructions are here.

Click on the picture of the book to find the link to class vocabulary!

If you want me to explain any English topic to you on here, please comment or text to tell me.

Friday, April 20, 2018

Tonight...

Is there a legal drinking age in your country? (In the USA, it's illegal for people under the age of 21 to buy alcohol.)  Do college students often drink alcohol?  Do groups usually have a designated driver? (A designated driver gets free non-alcoholic drinks from everyone in the group then drives everybody home)

What was your routine when you were twelve years old?  (Example:  When I was twelve, my dad usually woke me up at 6 AM.  I usually read a novel before I walked to school.  I really liked my teacher, Ms. Combs.  She was strict, but happy to repeat things when I didn't remember.  We always had a long recess after lunch, and sometimes I did all my homework with my friends at that time. We studied math, English, the revolutionary war, and science.  In science, I made a lamp.  After school, I walked to my piano class, my swimming class, my friend's house, or my home.  At home, I usually made biscuits for an after-school snack.  My parents often took me to restaurants or to the shopping mall in the evening.  My bedtime was 8:45.)

5 comments:

  1. WHEN I WAS TWELVE YEARS OLD I GOT UP AT 6 AM, I HAD BREAKFAST AND WENT WALKING TO THE SCHOOL,I CAME TO EAT AND IN THE AFTERNOON I WENT TO DANCE CLASSES, I HAD DINNER AND I WENT TO BED EARLY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So maria likes to dance now. If you have a chance, show me your dance.^^

      Delete
    2. What kind of dancing did you take? I liked ballet.

      Delete
  2. When I was 12 years old I got up 7AM. I had breakfast and walked school about 15 minutes. I liked eating snacks with my friends on the way back home. So It usually took about 30 minutes to get home. After school I went to drawing academy, piano class, math class. But I can't paly the piano now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't play piano anymore either. I took piano for four years, and I only remember about 4 songs!

    ReplyDelete