Welcome to ESOL Study!

Using English is the best way to improve your English! Please sing with the songs and write comments.

Please suggest songs and topics you like.

If you are using a phone, you need to scroll down and press "view web version" to find links to the vocabulary and grammar exercises.

If your phone translates this blog, please set your phone to use English. The instructions are here.

Click on the picture of the book to find the link to class vocabulary!

If you want me to explain any English topic to you on here, please comment or text to tell me.

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Lady in Red-- Describe people with adjectives in the correct order (1. Opinion 2. Size 3. Color 4. Pattern 5. noun that you are describing)


When you describe clothing, use the adjective order: opinion, size, color, pattern.

(If there isn't a pattern, the word "plain" goes before the color.)
She's wearing a dramatic, long red sparkly dress.  I'm wearing a comfortable, large, plain blue tee-shirt.






(NO SAS-C POMP= number, opinion, size, age, shape, color, pattern, origin, material, purpose)


What is your favorite color?  What is your favorite season?  What's your favorite outfit?  
Describe what you wore when you looked really good.

11 comments:

  1. My favorite color is 'WHITE'. So I have a lot of white dreeses. And my favorite season is spring. In the spring I am more like to wear pink or flowered dress. When I go to work, I usually dress fomally. On weekends I'd like to wear blue jeans and a white shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like learning English’s

      Delete
    2. My favorite color is black

      Delete
    3. Hi! My favorite color is blue is very nice for me. My favorite season is summer because is very warm and I love it! I heat cold. My favorite outfit is very relaxed I like to wear loose clothes!

      Delete
  2. Have a good time everyone

    My favorites colors are green and purple ☂️. Also I love light pink colors
    My favorite season is Spring, Because everything’s change, I feel like I'm being born again.
    I usually wear scarf , a long coat , pants and sport shoes.
    In the summer I sometimes wear light color clothes and in winter I wear dark colors I feel good wearing these kind of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like yellow color and spring season.
    My favorite outfit is pants suit because of convenience.
    But when I wore a brown polka-dotted dress I looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like green color and my favorite season is Spring in Springfield. I really love the Sakura trees in Washington DC. I usually look great in dress any color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like green color. Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons. I love wears long single color dresses, but now I am usually wearing Jeans and T shirt 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite color is white.my favorite season is summer

    ReplyDelete