Welcome to ESOL Study!

Using English is the best way to improve your English! Please sing with the songs and write comments.

Please suggest songs and topics you like.

If you are using a phone, you need to scroll down and press "view web version" to find links to the vocabulary and grammar exercises.

If your phone translates this blog, please set your phone to use English. The instructions are here.

Click on the picture of the book to find the link to class vocabulary!

If you want me to explain any English topic to you on here, please comment or text to tell me.

Monday, November 6, 2023

For Tuesday, November 7 - NO SCHOOL

I am researching the candidates before I go to vote.

In the past, I've recommended Vote 411 and League of Women's Voters -- I still respect the way they show voter information, but I think they are difficult for my students to navigate and read this year.

Ballotpedia may be easier to use than the Sample Ballot on the Fairfax County website that I showed you because it has links to candidate's websites. Ballotpedia probably collects your information.  If the idea of sharing your address bothers you, put in the address of the closest elementary school.

I just saw this Washington Post article about the candidates for school board  So far, it's the easiest to read information I have found. One detail that I find interesting is that two candidates that the Post says are "Republican endorsed" say that they are Independent on their own webpages.

No comments:

Post a Comment