Welcome to ESOL Study!

Using English is the best way to improve your English! Please sing with the songs and write comments.

Please suggest songs and topics you like.

If you are using a phone, you need to scroll down and press "view web version" to find links to the vocabulary and grammar exercises.

If your phone translates this blog, please set your phone to use English. The instructions are here.

Click on the picture of the book to find the link to class vocabulary!

If you want me to explain any English topic to you on here, please comment or text to tell me.

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Happy Pi Day!




I don't see the song my family usually sings on Pi day.  We use the tune of "This Old Man" and sing, 

"Number Pi, Number Pi -- 
It's irrational and so am I---
with a 3.1415926---
Pi Day is for lunatics"

(Irrational means crazy.  Irrational is also the name for a number that isn't an exact ratio.)

We've been eating Pie every March 14th since 1997 
when my daughter's 6th grade math teacher introduced Pi Day as an idea.




Did you eat pie on Pi Day?  Do you like math?  Do your children like math?

No comments:

Post a Comment