Welcome to ESOL Study!

Using English is the best way to improve your English! Please sing with the songs and write comments.

Please suggest songs and topics you like.

If you are using a phone, you need to scroll down and press "view web version" to find links to the vocabulary and grammar exercises.

If your phone translates this blog, please set your phone to use English. The instructions are here.

Click on the picture of the book to find the link to class vocabulary!

If you want me to explain any English topic to you on here, please comment or text to tell me.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Vocabulary Quiz Tomorrow

I told you to study the starred words on set 2 and set 3 for a quiz tomorrow.  I said "starred words" to make the sets smaller and more useful for people who didn't keep up with studying Quizlet little-by-little every day. If you already studied all the words, congratulations!  You win!  You know a LOT of new words.  Your English has improved the most!!!

If you didn't study a lot before, focus and study these words.  I am aware that we do a LOT of vocabulary, that you need repetition to remember it, and that it is difficult to study a lot while working full-time, cooking for Ramadan, or taking care of young children.

I am sorry I didn't realize earlier that my "starred word" didn't automatically go to your phones.  I made new "starred sets" that you can use.

If you want to use your old set, you can also star your own words on the original sets.  If you already starred different words, touch them to turn off that star. You can print out the list or bring it up on your phone while you touch or click to star the words on the list on a computer (or phone).  I don't know why some phones star easily and others don't.  It is best to study ALL the words especially if you've been studying all week.  Your skill at English in the world is much more important than any grades in my class.


Starred Set 2

Starred Set 3


Complete Set 2 (not starred)

Complete Set 3 (not starred)


2 comments:

  1. MY dear teacher miss Laurie really I don't know how to thank you for your efforts especially today and your interest is that we care about our children and our studying

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY dear teacher miss Laurie really I don't know how to thank you for your efforts especially today and your interest is that we care about our children and our studying

    ReplyDelete