Welcome to ESOL Study!

Using English is the best way to improve your English! Please sing with the songs and write comments.

Please suggest songs and topics you like.

If you are using a phone, you need to scroll down and press "view web version" to find links to the vocabulary and grammar exercises.

If your phone translates this blog, please set your phone to use English. The instructions are here.

Click on the picture of the book to find the link to class vocabulary!

If you want me to explain any English topic to you on here, please comment or text to tell me.

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

I've got a feeling/On the Floor (Challenge: fast danceclub music)

 I got a feeling= I've got a feeling
gonna= is going to=future plan

This next video is fast, it needs a LOT of commas, it deliberately contains bad grammar,  and it features drug references that I don't completely understand. Even so,  I think it's good for listening and speaking.  I particularly like the rhythm in the collocations.



We gon' be it on the floor = we are going to be the most special people on the floor.
cos or cuz=cause=because  cuz is becoming really common on lyric videos and in texting.
Don't use "cos" in a formal letter or job application.
If your an animal should be you're.  You're = you are.  Your is possessive for you.

Do you like to dance?  What kind of dancing do you enjoy?  Do you ever go to clubs to dance?
Do you have a favorite club in this area?

No comments:

Post a Comment