Welcome to ESOL Study!

Using English is the best way to improve your English! Please sing with the songs and write comments.

Please suggest songs and topics you like.

If you are using a phone, you need to scroll down and press "view web version" to find links to the vocabulary and grammar exercises.

If your phone translates this blog, please set your phone to use English. The instructions are here.

Click on the picture of the book to find the link to class vocabulary!

If you want me to explain any English topic to you on here, please comment or text to tell me.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Just Like....



Storybook:  Just like Josh Gibson (FCPS students only -- fairfax)

Do you have a role model?  Who?  Why?  Did you name your baby after a person?  Who? Why?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am Ryoko.
    I didn't have much time, because I was late.
    So I write my favorite traditional story.

    "The Grateful Crane"

    One day, an old man saved a crane from a trap in the snowy mountains.
    When the old man returning home, he told his wife what he had done.
    And then there was knocking on the door.

    A beautiful young woman was looking for lodging, because she had gotten lost in the snowy dark.
    After that she began to live together.
    She was kind and hardworking, and the old couple loved her like a daughter.

    She hid in her room and made beautiful cloth, that the old man sold at the market.
    She said "You must not look at me while I work."
    She worked so hard though, that they become worried, and one day they took a peek.
    There was the crane the old man had rescued, using her feathers to make the cloth.
    She said "You have seen me, I must leave now."
    And she flew off into the deep blue sky.


    Thank you for reading!
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story!! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete