Welcome to ESOL Study!

Using English is the best way to improve your English! Please sing with the songs and write comments.

Please suggest songs and topics you like.

If you are using a phone, you need to scroll down and press "view web version" to find links to the vocabulary and grammar exercises.

If your phone translates this blog, please set your phone to use English. The instructions are here.

Click on the picture of the book to find the link to class vocabulary!

If you want me to explain any English topic to you on here, please comment or text to tell me.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Yesterday Once More




Some songs always bring back memories.   This song reminds me of ice skating in the 70's with my babysitter -- a young man who wanted to be a magician.  He always found the quarters for the hot chocolate vending machine behind my ear!  The ice rink played this song a lot.  (Shah la la la, shing a ling a ling, whoa oh oh don't have any meaning, but people often sang those sounds in the 50s)

Do you have any memories with this song?  What songs make you think of certain times in the past?

1 comment:

  1. I listend this song when I was in university. I can't understand what it says, but I can feel this song's emotion. I can always feel this feeling.

    ReplyDelete